Chia Seed Love
Hi My Food Lovers!
I recently discovered the beauty of chia seeds. By beauty, I mean the fact that they can be turned into desserts! I used them for my green smoothies or on salads and sometimes as an egg replacer. Outside of that, I knew nothing about this dessert world. Yesterday I took some time to create a recipe, and photograph my first attempt at making a chocolate chia seed pudding. The recipe can be found below!
The Smitten Chef
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS, PLUS OVERNIGHT FOR RESTING
- 1 1/4 cup Almond milk (Sweetened or unsweetened; your choice.)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 2-4 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients except for the sweetener into a mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine the mixture.
- Cover mixture and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2-4 hours. (The goal is to achieve a pudding-like consistency.)
- If using a blender, blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Take the time to stop the blender and push the mixture off the sides and back down into the liquid if necessary.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings such as fruit, coconut flakes, or granola. (The one featured in the picture has sliced bananas, walnuts and caramelized flaxseed.)
- Leftovers keep in the refrigerator 2-3 days, though it is best when fresh.