Pasta for Breakfast?
Sure! Why not?
Pasta. Veggies. Pesto. Spice. If you like chicken, add some sliced chicken breasts on top and you've got a meal packed full of goodness! This is one of my favorite meals for three reasons:
- It's quick.
- It's flavorful.
- It gives me energy.
That's actually also why I enjoy having it in the mornings, or after a workout. It's not too heavy to have before or after. The recipe below is dedicated to my Food Lovers who ask, "Well, just tell me what's in it and I'll figure out the measurements." It works out perfectly because I don't measure certain recipes...I never know how hungry I will be. Ha!
- Rotini Pasta
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Sweet Peppers, sliced thin
- Red Onion, finely diced
- Fresh Spinach, stems removed (optional)
- Basil Pesto
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Coat a medium sized pan with olive oil and then place over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, and spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt. (About 2 minutes.)
- Remove from heat and add the pasta and pesto to the pan. Stir until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SIDE NOTE: Some of my friends use all of the same ingredients and turn it into a cold pasta. Cook the noodles, let them cool. Then add the ingredients and store covered in the refrigerator.
To Each His Own,
The Smitten Chef